Wednesday, October 11, 2006  
My mother died on Yom Kippur, 2nd October 2006. May she rest in peace. I am unable to write any form of eulogy at the moment but here is a poem written by my father for my mother.

A Sonnet for Sandra Jean

Now go play your music in heaven above -
Play it with joy and infinite love,
Tell them all of your journey in life
Its pleasures, its lovings, its problems, its strife
Your blessed children will always be near
As will your husband you met yesteryear
And when your hosts ask who you are
Just turn and say:
I'm Sandra - here to carry King David's star.

I love you Mummy
   posted by Steven at Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Comments:
i have just come off duty and saw that the RSS feed said you'd posted something

i'm dreadfully sorry to hear about your mother, i did mean to ask when you restarted posting how she was and how your family were getting on, but felt that to be an intrusion.

RIP
 
What a beautiful poem! Steven I understand your grief but I am sure your mum would love to see you well, so eat and sleep properly! If you want to keep writing and defending her as she deserves. Marian
 
Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

The author of this blog, Steven Allen, asserts his moral and legal rights to ownership and control of all of the contents herein. Please be nice if you want to quote me.
Listed on BlogShares